Step 1 - Decide
Commit to do a sermon series on calling
Most people wrestle with deep and difficult questions like “who am I created to be?”, “what am I made to do”, and “where should I do it?” The truths of personal calling touch people at the intersection of their felt needs and real needs. As church leaders, we have a decision to make: Will the church lead the way on the topic of personal calling, or, will we leave people to figure it out on their own? Will you consider a sermon series on calling?
Questions to Consider
- Are people experiencing a sense of restless discontent wondering if they are missing out on a more significant and meaningful life?
- Are people living in their sweet spot of God’s design across all domains of their lives (personal, home, work, church and community)?
- Are people wrestling to surrender the world’s scorecard to an eternal scorecard?
- Are people actively living out their primary calling to be disciples of Jesus, who make disciples of others wherever they are?
- Are people actively using their unique gifts as they seek to be missionaries who carry the fullness of Jesus into their unique mission fields of life?
- Are people passionate about using their unique gifts to carry the fullness of Jesus into every crack and cranny of society (the mission of church)?
- Do people see their vocational work and other life activities as their unique mission field for carrying the fullness of Jesus to others and for making disciples?
- Are large numbers of people more actively and aggressively using their unique gifts to advance their careers than they are to advance the Kingdom of God?
- Are people seeing their personal calling as God’s unique equipping to play their part in his mission for the church on earth?
Our “Find Your Calling Quick Start Guide” is designed for people asking questions like these. The guide provides an overview of the BE-DO-GO sweet spot of personal calling framework used in the book More and this sermon series. Download the FREE guide and have your staff, leaders and other members give you feedback on whether the content gets them excited.
Make the Decision
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, consider saying “YES” to the More sermon series on calling.
Step 2 - Schedule
Put the Series on the Calendar
Decide on Dates
Decide on Duration
The second decision is the length of the series. The sermon series on calling can be run from 3 to 8 weeks in duration. The ideal length is 7 or 8 weeks, but it can be done in a shorter duration. See the sermon outline options below or custom design your own.
Pick from the options below or customize your own!
3 to 7 week durations
Sermon Outline Options
Downloadable Sermon Outlines for the 7 Week Series are Coming Soon!
Step 3 - Plan
Coordinate the Details of the Sermon Series
A library of free resources is available to help you plan your sermon series. Resources include videos of sermons from other churches, sermon outlines, small group materials, creative elements and graphics. All resources are free and downloadable. Churches can customize resources to their context.
Sermons on Video
Small Group Materials
Primary or Common Calling (BE-DO-GO)
Secondary or Unique Personal Calling (BE-DO-GO)
Key Files for Sermon Series
Additional Free Resources
More Book Volume Discounts